Junior Ride Team. Offered in semester blocks, indoor cycling is a great way for all our young cyclists, recreation or competitive to stay active on the bike during the Winter months. Coached by Jaime Hill, the Ride Team program will focus on the following aspects of cycling, racing, fitness and development:
JR RIDE: 12-16
- Work on improving pedaling efficiency
- Understanding the relationship between cadence and watts
- Work on building muscular endurance and strength
- Instilling good pre/post training habits (i.e. stretching, warm-up/cool-down)
- Disguising work-outs as “fun-times” on bikes!
- Help prepare for entry into racing
- Introduce power starts
- Improve pedalling efficiency and “quieting the body” on the bike
- Improve MAP
- Improve muscular endurance
- Improve mental focus (i.e. getting through hard efforts)
- Improve hill climbing and power starts
- Re-introduce good pre/post training habits (i.e. stretching, warm-up/cool-down)
- Have fun, but work hard and prepare for race settings
Contact Jen@rimcycling.ca to inquire and register!
- $135 plus tax
- MONDAY 3:30pm - 4:30pm
January 9th START
9 sessions spread between January and March
Led by Coach Jamie Hill
- 60 minutes/session
- Click on SPECIALTY PROGRAMS tab when booking.